Sunday, July 5, 2015

Explained: What's "Stay 80"?

When I'm communicating with other EV owners, I'll sometimes end the message with "Stay 80" instead of the usual sign off. People will usually do a double take and say huh? Then I explain...

One day my teen daughter was particularly annoyed (annoyed teen - shocking right?) because Evie needed a quick charge when she was trying to meet her friends. She was like "Ugh why can't it just stay at 80 all the time?!?"

It kind of stuck with me and I started using it as a good wish closing for other EVers. Instead of Have a good day, I'd say Stay 80. Actually it would be cool if we could always stay around 80% charged. Anyway, I'll be rolling out T-shirts, buttons and bumper stickers soon. (Not!) In the meantime, may your regen always be strong and a QC always just around the corner. Stay 80! rj

No comments:

Post a Comment