Friday, July 17, 2015

Google Maps for the Coasters out there.

I know there's plenty of debate over coasting vs. regen when it comes to extending miles. In GA, we've got lots of long hilly roads so I'm quick to throw Evie into neutral. D mode can be a drag when I want to zip down a hill and B mode is like I'm towing an anchor. Of course, the regen ia nice if you have the right conditions.

Google Maps has a great feature that lets you see altitude changes during your trips. Just do your normal point to point search and click the bicycle icon. This will, of course give you time, distance, etc. but you also get a diagram showing uphills/downhills of your trip. So in planning my trip to Savannah, I can see what segments will be best for coasting/regen and maximize my miles. What tips do you have to stretch your mileage?


No comments:

Post a Comment